Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Making an effort to be resolute in 2009

As 2009 approached and I contemplated my work, relationships, financial aptitude, travel ambitions, state of mind,  state of health, size of my jeans, and various other gauges of a well lived life, I realized that I had no agenda for self-reform in the new year.  

In years past I have made all the standard pledges. I will be a clear headed, patient, nurturing parent that will inspire Oxygen channel specials.  I will exercise and banish the back fat. I will work on eliminating debt or at least eliminating the pesky phone calls from creditors. I will be a better educator and inspire my students and colleagues with  my dazzling skills. I will be a good partner and lover, with that magical balance of sex appeal and best friend.  

As with all stimulus packages, these efforts have met with various degrees of success and misplaced efforts and none of the above felt like the direction for me in the New Year. 

Which brings me here, to this under-developed blog and my questionable writing skills.  Voila!  This will be the year to pump up my penmanship,  nurture my expression and dazzle those who stumble upon this with my magical blend of contemplation, wit and sarcasm.  

And off we go....

No comments: